Some lovely comments from past clients and my take on the cake design process.
The cake was amazing! It was just the best thing I have ever seen, beyond what I thought it would be and it stole the show. Everyone was astonished and amazed - nobody had ever seen a cake like it, and not only was it incredible to look at it tasted superb! Thank you so so so much for all your help and for creating the cake of my dreams.. Thank you again, you have been amazing and made everything so easy. I'm so glad it was you - I couldn't have asked for anything more from you!
- I had so much fun with Holly and Ben's cake. From the first message that I received from Holly, I knew that the design was going to have the wow factor. They wanted something colourful, quirky, and utterly opulent. They trusted me and my vision, but also gave me great scope within a fun brief- rock chick Marie Antoinette!
Our cake was and is DELICIOUS and looked completely STUNNING! The detailing completely emulated my dress and so many people commented on how amazing it was in taste and design. Thank you for all the effort you went to and for being so amazing to work with.
- I had the pleasure of getting to know Vicky and Tom in a little more depth than usual when their original Summer wedding date had to be moved to Winter. This made the floral and utterly Summery cake design we had put together rather out of sync with the cooler season. The process of coming up with a beautiful design for this postponed celebration became an important part of embracing the changes to their day. I couldn't have been happier that they were finally marrying when I set up the cake on that crisp December day.
It was everything we hoped it would be (more than we dared hope?!)- a beautiful design which worked perfectly for the venue and our theme, flawless execution and just stunning flavours.
- Joanna has to be one of the most organised brides I've worked with. At our first meeting she handed me a wonderful stapled document containing their colour scheme, venue details, designs that had caught her eye, and much more. This gave me an immediate insight into their style and thinking, but they still just wanted me to use that as a jumping off point to bring my own twist to things. The cake ended up tying into the geometric stationery in a simple, striking design.
I just want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! The cake is absolutely beautiful and we were so lucky to have you design our cake! I cannot thank you enough for what you did for us!!!!
- Lara was a very stylish bride and their cake needed to reflect this whilst fitting in with the beautiful barn setting. Using vintage with a fashion forward twist as the style basis, I pulled detailing from Lara's stunning Ian Stuart lace gown, with a base colour of peppermint, and finished with delicate rice paper flowers.
We were very lucky to have you as part of our big day in June. Your cakes were a highlight of our wedding, and many of our guests continue to regularly talk about the table. So many comments about having never have seen anything like it ! It was all really tasty.
- Working with Yaz and Andy was really enjoyable as they had a laid back attitude, paired with a love for the best of the best. This meant that their cake table needed to look and taste amazing. Their heritage and personalities were in every little detail from the Cherry Ripe lamingtons as a nod to Andy's Aussie roots, to the hand iced biscuits of Berkeley Castle, and the burgundy ombre ruffles on the cake tying in the colour theme.
Just wanted to say thankyou very much again for all your help! Everyone absolutely loved the cake and I’m so happy that we get to keep the top as a reminder. It’s been such a pleasure working with you!
- With a venue like The Royal Institute of Science, Ada and Ian's cake just had to be a little bit different. I really took my lead from the setting and their desire to have a non-traditional, whimsical design on this one. A personal highlight was the insane topper made out of old sweet shop favourites, swirly lollipops and rainbow belts. I couldn't resist adding two little sugar mice as a surprise for the couple!
We want to say a big thank you for the cakes. They were amazing. And yummy!! The concept worked out very well. All of our guests complimented the cakes. In fact, we liked the cakes so much that we have eaten one too many. It is all your fault!
- Showing how an intimate wedding can be totally personal, Barbara and Gaurav came to me with an amazing open brief centred around their love for modern art. They really wanted to play with the tradition surrounding the wedding cake, so I created a colourful centrepiece of multiple small cakes against the backdrop of priceless Turner paintings at Queen's House. It was a joy to be trusted and encouraged to pour lots of creativity into their cakes. And what a privilege it was to set up my work next to Master Turner!
First of all I would like to thankyou for your amazing cake and cupcakes! They were magical! Looked and tasted amazing! Everybody loves them! I can't thank you enough for everything Ceri, you are truly an amazing baker!
- When Jihan first approached me to create her sister's birthday cake, I knew that this was a lady who knew how to throw a party! With a decadent Mad Men styled tea party at a beautiful Mayfair hotel planned, I designed a luxurious cake as the table centrepiece, trimmed with 24ct gold. Guests also got to take home individually packaged mini cakes to complete the experience. I have since worked with both sisters on different occasions and they never fail to bring me a theme that is more over the top and decadent than the last!